Wednesday 19 July 2017

Reading something different...

I've been on a bit of reading binge of late, having just finished two novels - The Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny (set in a French Canadian monastery) and Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz (very Midsomer-like). I love murder mysteries and naturally enjoyed them both.



But my reading habits are changing and I find myself drawn more to non-fiction these days, as a result of my need (and desire) to research and write articles and essays.

To that end, I have recently read How to Clone a Mammoth by Professor Beth Shapiro and The Lost Dinosaurs of Egypt by William Nothdurft (which I found at a book fest for $2 and have since discovered is out of print). I couldn't put either book down.

My next challenge is Resurrection Science by M R O'Connor, about 'conservation, de-extinction and the precarious future of wild things'. Can't wait!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Western Wanderings

Our long awaited Indian Pacific journey had finally arrived. We were to fly out of Gold Coast Airport at 8.20am and spend a few hours in Syd...