Tuesday 20 November 2018

Still time to read...

The past few weeks have been about entertaining guests (with a breakfast for 24 still to come) but in between I've had time to read a few good books.

Woolly by Ben Mezrich is 'the true story of the quest to revive one of history's most iconic extinct creatures'. Given the amount of research I have done on the topic I was afraid I may not discover anything new - but this fabulous book provides even more information about the people I have already 'met' and their plans for the future. There's even talk of making it into a movie!


Dinosaurs: How they lived and evolved by Darren Naish & Paul M Barrett is a CSIRO publication but it is written for novices like myself and is packed full of interesting information and beautiful coloured drawings and photographs. What a treat!


And then I picked up a book that many people have already read, but I never had. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen by Paul Torday is funny and entertaining and not at all what I thought it was going to be. I'm about halfway through and looking forward to what's coming.


I have just purchased a copy of National Geographic's The Photo Ark by Joel Sartore. I watched the television series as professional photographer Joel travelled the world photographing the animal kingdom, one by one; the endangered, the unusual and the downright cute. What a fabulous book.


And I plan to read the crime thriller The Crossing by Australian author B Michael Radburn. I read the second in his Taylor Bridges series, The Falls, set in the Victorian high country, and loved it. Then I found this one, the first in the series, which is set in the Tasmanian wilderness. I'm really looking forward to it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Western Wanderings

Our long awaited Indian Pacific journey had finally arrived. We were to fly out of Gold Coast Airport at 8.20am and spend a few hours in Syd...